The Pocono Family YMCA is OPEN! Make sure to reserve your spot for fitness or lap swim today!
You can still get at access to our virtual programming, classes & tips. Check out our full list of our virtual classes & offerings will be listed in our Connection Guide Community Connection Guide -Keeping you & your family connected!
Thank you for your continued support of the Pocono Family YMCA through these challenging times and please stay safe!
Register for our Lap Swim Time Slots (Click Here)
In Y Swim Lessons participants learn and practice new swimming Swimmerskills and feel a sense of achievement from mastering something new that they can enjoy the rest of their lives. While participating in fun water sports and games, children also increase their physical activity levels. Participants in Y Swim Lessons are connected to others in the class, make new friends and recognize new role models. The participants are more comfortable and secure around water, as they learn water safety and improve their swim skills. The Y uses the "bubble belt" system which allows students to build confidence and technique while working their way off floatation devices.
Classes run in 8 week sessions. Pre-registration is required. Number of classes per session varies.
Parents may remain in the pool area unless they become a distraction to the participants.
NO use of cell phones in pool and NO photo or video allowed.
At the conclusion of lessons all swimmers must exit the pool area to the locker rooms.
There are NO refunds. Credits can be issued for illness ONLY and must be accompanied by a physician's note. These requests should be presented to the Aquatics Director.
• Accompanied by a parent, infants & toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through confidence building experiences. Parents will learn about water safety, drowning prevention and the importance of supervision. (6 months- 3 years)
• Water Acclimation Increases comfort with underwater exploration & introduces basic self-rescue skills with assistance from an instructor. Students will learn water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning benchmark skills. (Ages 3 and up)
• Water Movement Encourages forward movement in water and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
• Water Stamina Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stages.
• Stroke Development & Mechanics Students learn additional water safety skills and build stroke technique, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
• Youth swimmers can get their feet wet with our introduction to swim team for our youngest members. In Just For Kicks, swimmers will develop and build their swimming skills with one of our swim team coaches. Kids will have fun learning how to race while doing drills to improve technique. (Ages 4-6)
• 13 and up working on basic to advanced swimming skills.
Members: $76.00/session Non-Members: $114/session
*Class will only run if there are 3 or more participants.
The Pocono Family YMCA Offers one-on-one private instructions to help you or your child achieve your swimming goals! Private lessons are 30 minutes long. These lessons are scheduled based on your availability and the instructor!
1 class 3 classes 5 classes
Members: $25 $75 $105
Non-Members: $40 $120 $180
The Pocono Family YMCA Offers 2-3 swimmers with 1 instructor private lessons to help you or your children achieve your swimming goals! Semi-private lessons are 30 minutes long. These lessons are scheduled based on your availability and the instructor!
1 Class 3 Classes 5 Classes
Members: $40 $120 $180
Non-Members: $70 $210 $325
Contact Chris for more information or to schedule your lessons- 570-421-2525 Ext 128
Professional, experienced & trained coaches
Evening & weekend practices
Swim Meets for all levels
Practice groups for all levels & interest
Great friends, great families
Positive & competitive environment
Click Here for more information